Sunday, April 16, 2017

Dresden and the perfect quilt!

 My attempt at making a quilt I will actually sleep under!  You may notice in the video that Jenny Egg does not stay of my bed... She has to sleep with me, touch me, and snuggle... So I need a quilt that is not WHITE!  The quilt I currently have on my bed, is laying upside down, so the backing is face up... It looks great in my rom, but I want something a little more patchwork-y!

So here I am using Browns, Pinks and creams.  The fabrics I am using are:

Using easy HST's and Four patches, I am getting a lot of movement among these blocks. I'm really loving it, but need some selfish ME time to get it finished...(things with no deadlines seem to take me a lot longer to finish!) It will be a KING size quilt. ( no doubt!)



My current quilt which I made YEARS ago, before I was serious about quilting, uses a random dresden wedge shape. I sifted through my scrap bins and stash and puled all my "not so pretty fabrics, and then added in a pretty fabric to each set, to make them all look nice together, Which, actually made a really beautiful quilt!  (it's a good challenge and a great way to get rid of a few old fabrics in our stash!  How can you bring new eyes to old fabrics and make them look vibrant and pretty? PLAY!  VFW QUILTS DRESDEN TEMPLATE

Now I use my VFWquilts Dresden template. I have a new quilt pattern coming soon, but this is a very easy handy tool to have in your stash...  22 blades makes a full circle... I used appliqué glue to hold my dresden circle in place on a giant quilt block, next used Bias tape  to top stitch the circles into place on the basis tape. easy to deal with that raw edge! No appliqué!
I also used it to make this sweet customs quilt before Christmas... More on that coming soon!

This pieces uses all of Meadow Storm Fabrics plus Yellow Leo Diamond from my Mostly Manor Collection

Be sure to tag your photo to share the quilt you made and sleep under at Instagram @victoriafindlaywolfe  #quiltisleepunder  ( quilt I sleep under )

I can't wait to see!

1 comment:

  1. loving the HST and squares quilt and the dresdens too. A good tip you have shared for using fabrics we bought and then wished we had not but will try adding them to one really nice fabric and see how they work, I tend to use them in sampler quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!