Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Home home home!

This past weekend, I drove to Virginia, (8 hour drive) to teach at the Virginia Consortium of Quilters!  200 ladies, all at the 4H camp in the Mountains.... Yes it was beautiful!  I taught my Florid Blooms quilt pattern, getting the quilter's used to curves, and I can say, that they all achieved success! I was quite impressed with the amount of work they got done in one day!  Way to go Ladies!

Not only did they get their quilts into shape, but I now have yet another Double Wedding Ring quilt! I was at 60ish a while back, then I quit counting. I think I'm near 65 now(!!) Every time I teach this class, I get another double wedding ring quilt.

Below you can see I finished my 4th Christmas quilt for this year... I dug through my scrap bins to fussy cut the fun fabrics to highlight in this version.  I took liberties with the 6.5" squares that fit the melons, to drop in some Drunkard path blocks to make those cool dots, and also the Saw Tooth Star in the center of the quilt!  I will go back in an appliqué some red dots, inside the big green dots, and I plan to piece an interesting border around it. I have not decided what yet... but probably something intense and small pieced... That seems to be were my head is these days...and in solids.



I also taught my 15 Minutes of Play class, and talk about being impressed!, Everyone was working fast and furious to have their items to show at Show & Tell on Sunday morning!  Many beautiful projects got started. I was inspired as well, and now have an idea to finish a very old project of mine, that is sitting in a box, in my storage bins!  So it was a WIN WIN for me!



So now that I'm home... I'm catching up on things on social media! It' see so much fun to see what you are all making with MOSTLY MANOR!  My friend Maureen, made this super adorable mini dresden. LOVE IT!!

And I am Finishing up the ALS quilt for the Quilters Dream Auction. These blocks were hand pieced at QuiltCon, by those of you who swung by to help me out!

Remember my posting about all the blocks being made?  Here, Shelly and I, and a few peeps, were sewing blocks together at Quiltcon. OK, maybe we just finished sewing... and we were gabbing away... ;-) any who!
The top is nearly finished! It will be up for auction sometime later this year. 


Can't wait to show you the finished quilt!

Have you gotten Mostly Manor to play with yet?

Hop on over to my website quick!

We ship everywhere!

Be sure to request your LQS (local quilt store) to order 
Mostly Manor (out now)

Meadow Storm coming in August to your LQS. Have them order it now!








4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria-

    Every time I see your Star Power quilt I think to myself I have to make that one! Is there a pattern for it or is it in a book? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking GOOD...and fun! Love the new fabric! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been playing with some Manor stripes and am anxious for the new line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you have a chance to be home for awhile...everything you're doing is so inspiring...time...all I need is time.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!