Every time I make these I have third graders asking me for the recipe...
I play around a lot with this recipe. I make my own peanut butter, leave out the walnuts and raisins, go with less sugar, and add flax seed instead of wheat germ....
But give them a try. They are SO good!
(No quilting today!)
Peanut Butter Yummy Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (you can go less on the sugar)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ ( add crushed flax seed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter, sugar, molasses, and peanut butter in a large bowl. Blend in the eggs and vanilla. Mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, until evenly blended.
- Stir in the oats, raisins, choc chips, and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Shape dough into large balls using 1/4 cup of dough per cookie. Place on greased cookie sheets, leaving 3 inches between them. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. When done, the tops will still be soft to the touch. Cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.