Thursday, January 18, 2018

NYC classes!

I was recently teaching at CraftNapa, and I have to say, it was an amazing weekend. All of the students really pushed outside of the box on their designs. Each one coming up with different elements to try to "shake up" the traditional double wedding ring pattern... It was so much fun to have such an eager bunch!


I always love Red & Green Quilts... so when I spoke with her about hers, she already had a plan to use leftover blocks, and make holly leaves and a RED BOW out of her design! She was inspired by my two Christmas Double wedding Ring quilts, and I love that she saw that she could add a BOW to the design!


Contrast and finding elements within the design!  I love that we could ficus hers with eh dark pattern among busy prints, to have a new design element come forward. We also incorporated a bit of orange to get people to look around at different elements within her quilt.

There were so many great quilts. 22 in all, and you can see more at my Instagram account, to scroll through all the images.

I also taught the Herringbone Class, and again, so many variations that were very inspiring! Here's just a couple... This work is from my New Book, Modern Quilt Magic, If you get a chance to take this class with me, do it! It's so satisfying!!  ....and MAGICAL!!




Looking for some classes?  I am teaching in my home in February!

Star Storm Pattern available at my website and my NYC store:  VFWquilts.com

Another class you should not miss is my 5 day Happy Wanderer Quilt classroom my book Modern Quilt Magic,  at Empty Spools Seminars, 
In Pacific Grove, CA (Asilomar Convention grounds...is on the ocean!) 
I LOVE TEACHING HERE!! Having time, getting to know you, and getting a lot of work done on a great project in a beautiful setting...
Sign up here

***
I'll be heading to South Padre Islands next week to teach and lecture at the Guild show! One more trip of WARM weather for me! This winter has been to to cold for to long!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!