Tuesday, October 4, 2016

American Patchwork & Quilting

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2016 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.
 My project was featured in the December 2016 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine! See my project, as well as other featured projects from this issue, here: www.allpeoplequilt.com/december
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2016 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

Many of you who have been following me for a while, know I LOVE CHRISTMAS QUILTS!!
Red & Green together, just makes my heart sing!  Not only do I love red and green, but I love reproduction fabrics as much as I do bright modern fabrics, and I often use all kinds of fabrics together in one quilt.

...And that is exactly what I have done here!  Mostly repros, with tossed in various light back ground fabrics. You could make a modern version, easily!  I had the stripe fabric here in my studio for years! Finally when I was making these blocks, I decided it just happened to be the exact thing I needed to drop drama around the edge of the quilt. Any stripe like this will give you a really fun edge!

I'm looking forward to getting my quilt back in time for me to have on my bed for fall and winter! I say, while starting my 5th Christmas quilt for this year....

American Patchwork & Quilting goes on sale on newsstands today!
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2016 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

My project was featured in the December 2016 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine! See my project, as well as other featured projects from this issue, here: www.allpeoplequilt.com/december

5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt. You are right, the stripe does add a lot of interest to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO BEAUTIFUL !!!!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore that quilt,it would make anyone's heart sing,I must make one!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of color, the star points around the corner squares are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I love all the 1/2 sq triangles and that stripe is terrific. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!