Thursday, December 31, 2015

The end of a year.

 

Ringing in the new while remembering past quilters....

I'm really enjoying savoring the stitches of the quilter before me who hand pieced this old wiggly top. She definitely persevered to get it done. It takes me longer to rip out the old fabrics then it does for me to sew one block together.

I'm now at a point where I have to get more setting fabric. I was using this dotty batik, but I ran out! So I have to wait to get more, I am using 
I used a couple various lights on the hot pink and goldy/brown block, but by the time you will have read this, I will have ripped it back apart and replaced it with the Batik! HAHA!

The Batiks work very nice to stabilize these wiggly 60's/70's cottons...


Don't you just love the weird brown cheater cloth fabric paired with that mauve/pink?  
Yes, that kind of stuff just makes me smile!





So this was my last project to start here in 2015...I have several projects I am still trying to get finished by Sunday. I hope to finish hand quilting big stitch, a very special quilt tomorrow night, waiting for the ball to drop. The emotional story of this quilt below, will be saved for another day...



It's been a very good year.  I've made many quilts that I am proud of, shared many quilts with those who need...more than I do, and loved my family time, more then anything...
I sit here tonight gearing up in my brain for 2016, and yet, forcing myself to not do that... I want to savor every minute of 2015. The years are rushing by...



Have you selected a word for this New Year?

I have... It's

LOVE.









14 comments:

  1. Pour moi, ce sera "Liberté"
    Belle et bonne fin d'année ¸.•(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`♥* ¸¸.•*¨*• ☆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and like what you are doing with that old star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very healing... I lost someone very dear today, It feels good to do something as healing as mending a quilt...

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing all the wonder, beauty and STORIES that you do. I LOVE big stitch quilting. I am so glad you are treating yourself to this savoring time. What a wonderful project to honor both old and new and to ring in the New Year! BTW I am so looking forward to meeting you in Albuquerque when you come. A FABULOUS 2016 (and remaining 2015) to you! Thank you again for ALL your INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Look forward to meeting you there also! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  4. What beautiful quilts. I used to drop in on you and then got really busy with things I was participating in so now I'm following you so i don't miss out on all the fun and special things that you do. My word for 2016 is Stand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family! Love is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's your last free lesson for 2015: when you compare two things use the word "than" not then. I have shared quilts with people who need them more THAN I do, not then I do. Then refers to a time. I packed the quilts up and then I took them to the show. Sorry, I'm a stickler. There's no quilt police, but there is grammar police 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that , I made an error, I apologize...I also don't know my addition tables, I don't retain the info, Never have... I also can't type...Even after all these years... Might you have a trick for that? I appreciate your following me, Charlotta, But I can live my life without police... I try my best.

      Delete
  7. Your personality shines through what you write in your blog and I get the feeling that you must be a really nice person.....I love the old quilt and the fact that you've rescued it....Happy New Year...my word for the new year is CHOOSE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Janet! Choose, is a very good word.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!