Friday, December 19, 2014

Sweet Dreams Blues


Seeing Rings!

I was convinced I would not get this top finished by Friday (finished Thursday!)... WOOT WOOT! I did it! Having been sick, I lost five days in the studio...  This customer quilt is due in January.... I was really sweating it!

You may recall that this is my second BLUE Double Wedding Ring, as my daughter claimed the other one as her future WEDDING QUILT... so yeah, I had to make a second version...

This version is a new pattern I designed, it's NOT in my new Double Wedding Ring book...
this time I went BIG! Below  you can see scale better, with me clowning around in front of it!

 

This was all about beautiful fabrics, and showing them off... Many Moda, French general indigos, vintage and new... a few kaffe prints, and well, any fabulous dark blues I had.  I used the same swirly light blue batik in the centers, which you can kind of see about in the melon... It's all soft blue... sweet dreams blue... ( it's to the left of my sewing mojo... yes, I found my sewing mojo in the box of chocolates.) hehe.

I added a little rounded scallop in the outer edges in the same light blue batik, so that when I bind it in a dark blue, the scallop will be outlined... I can't wait to bind it!

Here you can see scale better.. I made one LARGE ring, to show off the lovely fabrics...



Nope. I'm still not sick of Double Wedding Rings...
This time it was certainly more traditional then my others, but just as satisfying...
In fact, this scale makes me want one for my bed.

sigh.

Shall I start cutting?



Pre-order here! Coming very soon!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and huge!! Looking forward to seeing your new book. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning quilt--hope you are feeling better..Happy Holiday Season hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful and I love all the different blues! Glad you made your deadline of getting the top completed despite being sick. The scale is so dynamic!

    I am trying to get the family xmas quilt done and I have it 90% free motion quilted. It is flannel and sometimes hard to get those thick seams under the free motion foot! Binding and a label this weekend and I will meet my deadline of end of day on the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring. All your Double Wedding Rings make me want to make another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better, it is tough to keep a strong woman down!
    Congrats on that finish, now the quilting!
    Take good care of yourself on all your up coming travel and take time to enjoy
    all the pleasures of Christmas time.
    Have the merriest Christmas ever and Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!