Thursday, December 18, 2014

Polka dots


Still taking it slow over here...

SLOW STITCHING!

This is my "Personal App Quilt"  ... Yep!  It's for a special exhibit at Road to California in January... And I, (silly me) decided to hand quilt it, even though the deadline is the first week in January!

Not sure how well I thought that out, but I love the idea of sitting around hand stitching by the fireplace, or on my cozy couch, while I still recuperate!  Definitely feeling better, but still no energy... so if I sit around a lot, I can get a bunch done!

Oh well, it's been a good time to get sick. No more trips right away, and I can be lazy-ish.. and just sew...slow.


I've been taking an hour in the morning, and an hour at night to work on this... It's coming along nicely! Love all that texture it creates using big Sashiko stitching... Looks awesome on the polka dots, too!

I'll show the full quilt when I have it done... but for now, some happy color shots!



 Happy Stitching!!!




A great new issue to keep an eye out for, great quilts inside!  
(Quilters Newsletter special addition Tradition with a Twist , on stands Jan 6th)
( and an article with a whole bunch of quilt images from me!)
Hope you will enjoy it!

8 comments:

  1. Who woulda thought to quilt those fat dots....only YOU! They are just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! I am digging the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely project to work on while you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely quilt! Glad you are feeling better. I had 'something' as well right after Thanksgiving. Still very low energy and you are right, the thought of sitting and doing hand quilting is just about what I can handle. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. I've just been holding down the couch while I recover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeeeeeeeeee! Love those big quilted dots so much I'm squirming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright dots of your quilt, it looks so bright and cheery! Hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good. Glad you are feeling better and on the road to recovery

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!