Monday, May 5, 2014

orange.



How do I know when it's time for haircut?
See picture...

hahaha!
I can't control my hair when it gets long... curls & wavy hair, things stick up!  

I finally got around to quilting my Fractured quilt from last summer. The pattern is by Kathy Doughty at Material Obsession.

I had meant to make it bigger and add several more rows to it, but then I got itchy to have it on my couch, so here it is. LOL
The colors were calling to me.
;-)



 I wen twitch a wide hot pink binding on it...

 And a fun stripe for the back...


I finally have my ORANGE QUILT!

YAY!!! with HOT PINK 1/2" BINDING

Speaking of YAY!

My Crown of Thorns quilt is riding on a camel on the cover of the Quilt Life!
 (how often will I get to say that in my lifetime?)

This issue includes my article on finding your peeps... Check it out! ;-)

You may have seen the quilt on the last page of my book, 15 Minutes of PLAY,
 it's one of my all time, favorite quilts. It does not live with me anymore, but it has a good home... ;-)
Crown of Thorns, by Victoria Findlay Wolfe 

I'm off to sew a few quilt sleeves on some Double Wedding ring quilts? 

Want to see them?

Come to the Wisconsin Quilt & Fiber Museum, June 25th!
 ;-)  Squeal!


10 comments:

  1. I love orange, and your quilt is wonderful. And yup, how often will one of your quilts be riding on an elephant on the cover of a magazine. I can't come to your quilt exhibit, maybe there will be a book or photos but I am going to quilt market for sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to think for the very first time I have a quilt in a magazine...even more exciting it's this very same issue...we are in there "together"....now that is a dream come true!!!!
    Loving your "Fractured"...wasn't that a fun quilt? I did mine in pinks and greens....and it is all MINE (even tho a good friend is getting married in Aug...those are the colors she wants for a quilt...no no no...I will make another..haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to come to Wisconsin to see you at the end of June -- but I'll be watching my son graduate from high school right then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would love to come to Wisconsin but June is full. Have fun. Love your fractured quilt! And so happy to have your book with the crown of thorns in it. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely orange quilt. That pattern is on my bucket list (fingers crossed I live to be 120 and keep quilting up to the end, 'cause that bucket list keeps growing!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria, have you talked about how you bind? I can't find a search button here and you're doing it in a way I've not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my bindings as most everyone I know.. I machine sew to the front, and fold around to the back and hand sew them down...
      One this one, I wanted a wide binding, so I sewed it on at 1/2" so it would have a wider face...

      Delete
  7. Luuuurve your orange quilt, the binding is fab and the backing....swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange you glad I didn't say banana? HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt! I'll be seeing you in Wisconsin. Got my tickets for the lecture, but missed out on the workshop. They filled the class and the waiting list super fast!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!