Saturday, April 13, 2013

studio make over

Ever since we remodeled, (2004!)  I have had our old kitchen sink and cabinet in my studio...  All the paint had flaked off it from being left out in the rain by the construction workers, at the time... I had every intention at the time to PAINT it... yet... I never did.. I decided today was the day my studio at our house on long island needed a make over.... starting, with that cabinet!

 TADA!  I did it! I sanded it, and painted it! FINALLY!  13 years it sat all yucky looking!  Now today, is a new day! Not only did I paint the cabinet, but I took out the small section of "ripped out from another part of the house" book case that sat on the ledge behind the sink, and got new SHELVES put in!  The studio here is not very big and my space is VERY limited. I have it packed with three tables and my ironing board, and one wall is, (below)

All windows... so it's hard to re arrange the space.... I have one Large design wall, and one tiny one over another table... so, in the summer, I spill out onto my deck, and sew out side, lay quilts out on the lawn, etc... like above... everything got taken OUT of the studio today, and cleaned, and now, I am folding and folding and refolding, fabric.... and organizing... I guess it must really be spring!

 It's still quite a mess... will show you more when it's ALL clean! 
I'm getting there, slowly but surely!  No time to play on the Handiquilter long arm, either.. I still need to get that all working right... and need a lesson on how to even begin! LOL!

Beautiful weather today... Hope it was a perfect Saturday for you!




16 comments:

  1. I love the update on the cabinet. Cant wait to see how it looks when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some real progress :0)
    it is looking good.
    You should ask John or Debby B.
    for help with your new quilting machine.......they have both gotten really good at it!

    I'm still setting up my sewing space too.

    Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the RED!!!! You know...I wouldn't offer this to just ANYone...but I can send you Bob for a few days...he'd be happy to get you started with that longarming! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this room near your new Longarm quilter? Orginization is wonderful, love the light especially!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous windows and lighting!! Your space is big compared to mine, I sew in the loft and makes one side slanted from the roof line - but it's mine, all mine. I can't wait to see which project you pick up to sew when you get to that point. I see you have a good helper also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your space, it looks great. I think that red would be too intense for me. However, I think it suits your style nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin' good with red hot cabinets. Isn't it fun to create a new studio space? Hope you are able to get going on your new HQ, so you can tell us all about it. I am still wavering on buying one, so it will be great to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the red! The color is what inspires me. Color! Color! Color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red you chose for the the cabinet ~ I'm liking red more and more these days. It's really striking and adds a nice brightness to the room and the shelving above is perfect!
    I'd love to have a separate room for my sewing ~ in fact I was just day dreaming about what my dream house would be like ~ a definite big studio for all my sewing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have not had beautiful weather yet!! I'm dying for a day in the 60s. today it is cold and rainy and sleet/snowing. Good weather for sewing, but I want SPRING!! Love your new cabinet, and envious that you can open the doors to the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you are doing with the studio! Saw your quilts in Cincinnati yesterday. They were LOVELY! It was fun to see your work in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Red! Looks like a really nice work shop!~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! Love the new paintwork colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you manage working in two studios? I think I'd get all mixed up as to what was where! Or maybe you do one type of work in the home studio and another in the NY studio??? Either way I love the paint job of the cabinet and the spring cleaning! I just cleaned my studio up too. Amazing the things you find when you clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!