Monday, September 17, 2012

After Dark Party


The Quilt Alliance After Dark party was great fun! My home was filled with QUILT LOVERS and a few straggling along husbands... ;-) including my own! LOL!  He was happy though, someone bought his book at the day silent auction event!   

Kim H, Teri Lucas and pal, Cathy Johnston
It was a real treat to meet Karla from Cherrywood Fabrics. She came along with her friend and coworker Erin. The three of us Minnesota gals had a lot to chat about...LOVE their Fabrics...

We did some 15 minute play with pre-cut shapes at the party! People were asked to design blocks in my studio and leave them on my design wall, Here's a smattering of them! I love how some are traditional looking and most of them are very liberated! So fun! I will be putting these all together into one quilt for a Quilt Alliance auction. What fun to puzzle these together! more pics at 15minutes play

(yes, those are my SHOES on the sewing table... best there then on my feet... Long day! hehe)

7 of our board members for the Quilt Alliance, also made contest quilts and we auctioned them off that night.  I'm very happy to say that I bought Allie Aller's quilt... We're sort of "cousins" as far as our style of quilting,and I am a huge admirer of her work.
Allie's quilt, is now mine!
We had a fiddler, Alan, past board member of the Alliance, and Denyse Schmidt did some fancy foot work for us! This girl is so fabulously multi-talented it makes your head spin! her Q.S.O.S. interview as very very interesting...
Even Boo got into the act and drew winning raffle tickets... Here with our FABULOUS leaders, Amy Milne head of the Quilt Alliance and Meg Cox, President of the Quilt Alliance. Thanks to these two phenomenal women for putting together these great events!

****

The fairy tale FUN weekend came to close at 1am on Sunday morning...(that hasn't happened in a long time for me!)  

Back to work... Two quilts basted today....
One very special one, for a that special boy is half done.... ;-)  vroom vroom!

Hope your weekend was awesome too! What did you do?

19 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and awesome event!

    I worked on my Santa block this weekend; it's in the mail back to you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! my weekend was not quite as exciting as yours, but I did finish two quilts and made a good start on the third. and found my favourite seam ripper and point turner when I tidied up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and a great time was had by all. The End!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a blast. I'm so happy! I did a little sewing, a little shopping, and I went to a friend's house so she could show me how she celebrates Rosh Hashanah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to get Allie's quilt! I have one of hers from a previous auction and I treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it wasn't as exciting as being in Manhatten with 100's of quilter pals......but......I did get to my Applique Society meeting Sat a.m., worked on 2 customer quilts, worked on a BASICS quilt, and then on Sunday night after my bedtime, I attached the last border to my BTCT 25 block appliqued quilt. Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you all had so much fun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like tons of fun. Love all the 15 minute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shared a quilt show with friends. Made Dr Seuss shorts for book week and hung out with the grand children.
    Your weekend was wonderful. Such great sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great account, for those of us who couldn't come. What a wonderful evening!
    So glad you got my quilt, Victoria...did you notice you and I both had inverted flying geese in our borders? ;-)...and a shout out to your commenter Vicki, who said she had bought another of my quilts...my deepest thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those improv quilt blocks and the party pictures. Looks like it was a wonderful time. I am doing more gardening than quilting. We have tons of tomatoes, basil & eggplants so we made 2 batches of pesto (frozen in ice cube trays for use in sauces for the winter), a batch of garden salsa, eggplant melanzane (kind of like lasagne with eggplant slices for the noodles and an eggplant & basil thai stir fry with hot chilis. A very yummy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a grand time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like such a fun time, I would love to attend some year!

    On a side note, how do you keep from scratching your wood floor when you pin baste on it? I am afraid I would ruin my floor if I did that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks like everyone had lots of fun! That car fabric is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, how can you baste a quilt on that hardwood floor??? It's clear you did not inherit my knees! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! SO much fun stuff to look at. Those blocks are going to be wonderful put together. What a great idea! And that sweet car quilt will make that special boy so happy. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love to attend some year (and get that "traveled farthest to be here" crown).

    Weekend was consumed by painting hub's home office, then charity sewing on Sunday (dresses for little girls in the Philippines)... and I picked up a fun little piece of Santa/Reindeer fabric from my PO box.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab Saturday, you all outdid yourselves!!!! Thank you for everything and I love the car quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like a blast! love everyone designing blocks - that is such a cool idea and will be an excellent quilt I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!