Friday, August 10, 2012

STRIPES!




I teased you all a while back, with STRIPES.  Here is what I was playing with. I was asked to design a quilt for Michael Miller Fabrics, using their STRIPES collections combined with their Luscious Cotton couture SOLIDS. It was a very fun project to make them all work well together!  Using all these stripes together in one quilt was so much fun to play with. Using the Dresden template, I fussy cut the stripes letting the fabrics make great patterns with in each blade.




I do have to say I LOVE stripes in General... My house is filed with them... Bedding, rugs, walls etc... So this was a blast to make.  The RAINBOW MIGHTY STRIPE, which I used for the Binding and also for strip across the back is amazing!! the print goes all the way across the fabric... How cool is that? 60" wide!

I hear talk of a very sweet baby laying on it for ads...How sweet will that be? A perfect bright baby quilt.

It's a dark gloomy day here... raining... Puts the 'Kabosh' on our plans for the local Carnival tonight!  Hope your having a bright and cheery day! Have a great weekend!



By the way, I had so much fun taking Boo to the Cody Simpson/Big Time Rush concert...WHO'D OF THOUGHT!  I had SOOO much fun watching her being all GIDDY!!!  Why?  Little did I know our friends, friend, who came along was the guy who signed Cody to the Sony Label at age 12. Sooo, the show, and a backstage meet with Cody, pretty much still has her walking on a cloud.





37 comments:

  1. great quilt V. oy, i love stripes too! i must get some chevrons soon.
    looks like Boo had fun, im not sure who this Cody fella is, but I have a feeling my time is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great pattern and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out amazing and so bright!
    I remember my first concert at her age, it was Bon Jovi and I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly think those are the most smashing dresdens I've seen! And the quilting is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilt and amazing quilting too! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome combination of fabrics and pattern. I am floored. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She got to meet him? **thud**
    LOL!

    I full-on adore this quilt. Major, major adore this quilt... the colors and patterns you made with the fabric makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the stripe fabrics give the dresdan a whole new look, really nice effect. Boo's face says it all, she is growing up fast;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! That is an amazing quilt - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is just fabulous. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great use of the stripes. The quilt is llike a ferris wheel at the Fair.
    Looks and sounds like the concert was a rush for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is now my all time favorite quilt - your imagination, choice of colors, and quilting designs are totally AWESOME!! You are the BOMB in quilting, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is amazing V. I love what you have come up with. Those stripes are luscious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi V! You are SO GOOD at what you do! thanks for sharing the lovely photos and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANK YOU!!! for all your sweet comments!! I didn't take the best photos.. Glad it still reads OK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowee! That quilt is amazing in every way! Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my computer. What a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the quilt - it's so fun!! And I'm so happy for Boo - what a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your new quilt. So bright and funny and lively.... Like a hundreds suns shining at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your stripes have made me see the Dresden in a whole new light!! Who'd a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun colors/fabric/design/quilting ... love it, V.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh,oh,oh your stripe quilt is FANTABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Very creative use of those stripes. Even with the white, it's still so very Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Did you follow a pattern or make it up as you went? How big are. The dresdens??? I love this quilt in case you can't tell and want to make one just like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How fabulous is this quilt! I sent a link to my LQS, she was off to see if she has those stripes on order, job well done! Hey, boy band kid has flying geese on his T-shirt! How fun for Boo, I think we all remember our first concert and her experience is extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great stripes! I really like that quilt.
    Yay for Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just amazing!!! You hit another home run... simply love this quilt! So glad you had a great time with Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun quilt! The quilting is lovely too! Cody Simpson - never heard of him - I will have to do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that quilt! I mean LOVE!

    My daughter would be freaking out about Big Time Rush and Cody, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous quilt!!! I've never met a stripe or for that matter polka dot that I did not love. Am very impressed by Boo's "verticality" on the paddleboard!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am crushing on this quilt! It is fabulous! I keep eyeing the chevron fabric I've been seeing and what a clever use of them. I also love that one of those colors is called krytonite!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!