Friday, July 1, 2011

Musica Catalana...

More images of the Music hall inside, here
we were not allowed to take photos inside... But let me tell you... Drop dead inspiring....
see here
The most amazign thing I saw in barcelona, was this music hall and the 
Hospital 
Lluis Domenech i Montaner designed and built...

see the stage work here:
I don't need to say very much about hos incredibly beautiful this building is....
This place sent me whirling with ideas.... I have nothing quilt-y to show you yet...
But believe me there will be...
Every weekend, empty courtyard spaces people fill and people and they dance the Sardana...
Women, kids and all... Very sweet to watch...
 We came up on this store when it was closed, and wondered what it was....
When we came back it had a line out the door....
 CANDY!  And depending on your CONTAINER, the price varied, you could 
cram as much candy into it as possible for that cost....
 We, (hubby and I) sat just right outside the door as there was 
NO ROOM for extra people inside... 
and left BOO to stuff her bottle and pay... when she came out, this is what she had....
LOL! Man flu?  ROFL!  
She said, "It's the only one they had in English, Sheesh!" 
The gimmick is quite the crowd gatherer... 
There was another typical candy store around the corner with not one soul inside....
I'm thinking I should change businesses... LOL!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork, great inspiration.
    Love the candy, miss the old stores that had penny candy that you could pick what you wanted.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how your head must be spinning with ideas and motivation. Now I need to put Spain on my bucket list after seeing these amazing places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want happy pills! What a great concept. Spain was always on our list when we lived in Europe -- never made it there though (Spain and Croatia are still on the to-do list).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Each column is worth it's own quilt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration photo's and i can only imagine how your head is swimming with ideas.

    How do i get me some of those happy pills - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! Adrianne and I are sitting here laughing at the Happy Pills. She totally thinks that is cool. And guess what it is and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely lots of inspiration there.

    Man flu -- too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!