Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little country in NYC

So, we've made it back, animals and all to NYC. Everything needs cleaning. not fun.
But before I left my house, I cleaned out my garden and have several yummy cucumbers left! One more batch of marinated cucumbers coming up! (for my friend S)

Marinated Cucumbers
Ingredients

6 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 medium onion sliced
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar ( I prefer agave)

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard

Combine the cucs and onion, and in a small bowl mix all other ingredients mix well, and pour over, stir, cover and refrigerate for a couple hours... but better the next day!



http://www.copiousmagazine.com/08_summer/art+photography/kara_walker.html


All though the show was a while a go, I encourage everyone to to go check her out when she comes around. Well, any art for that matter, even if you THINK you don't know anything about it... TRUSTING YOUR EYE is all that is required. A line taken from my husband, who teaches a class called, Trusting your eye, for that exact reason. People think they need to know something about art to appreciate it. But just GO to a museum or gallery, and find something that moves you. Most if it won't, and that's ok.

Let me know what you find interesting...


My husband works for Acquavella Galleries here in New York. They handle mostly Impressionist and Modern and Contemporary pictures. Meaning people like, Monet, Picasso, Miro, Lichtenstein,
Warhol, Calder, to living artists, Lucian Freud, James Rosenquist, and currently a show by a younger artist, Damian Loeb.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!