Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pittsburgh

        


Having a good time in Pittsburgh! Beatrice is along with me to work this week! Fun! We're getting in some fun event son the side too. We hit the Any Warhol Museum today... drawing, silk screen printing t-shirts, and seeing some great art!  ( come on down to the expo!) http://www.sewingexpo.com/PittsburghPA.aspx




 Beatrice with her t-shirt she screen printed...


The yarn bombed Andy Warhol bridge!  Bright happy colors of yarn cover the bridge for Andy Warhol's birthday. ;-)  very cool.

Check out this page for more fabulous pictures!
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/The-412/August-2013/30-Amazing-Photos-of-the-Warhol-Bridge-Yarn-Bombing/


We spent a couple days at Mary Koval's before coming here. I scoured her shop for some fabrics that will go into anew xmas quilt. aren't these pretty? Aren't they so pretty?  There are some AMAZING colors here, that will look great in a new quilt! I have so many ideas!!! I love fabric, no matter what the print or style!

I'll be back at Mary's Sunday to lecture at 2:30 in Bedford, PA... come on out, let's talk quilts!


11 comments:

  1. Love that yarn-bombed bridge! I grew up in Pittsburgh but left decades ago and am glad to see cool stuff happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iwas at the Expo yesterday-it was great. Always exciting to see the actual quilts that are in books. Beautiful. Sorry to have missed seeing you in 'real life' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your having a lot of fun. Beatrice's shirt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick question - Bedford, Pa or Bedford, NY. One I can make the other not so much!
    Either way it sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pa. I'm trying to fix it but blogger is being difficult...

      Delete
  5. The quilts look great - just like they did in Cleveland! Pittsburg is a cool town. I have been there many times for concerts and ballgames, but never to the Warhol museum. I need to add that to my list! The fabric you bought is great! Continue to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi , Victoria ,you and Beatrice are looking great .
    I have been away from home and trying to catch up .Your take on the DWR looks easy . Did you print a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. haven't been to Pittsburgh since we moved back this way from Idaho in 2007. i will have to try and make it to the next sewing expo, looks like so much fun. love your blog Victoria, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ... if you have any spare time after your Expo commitments, hop on Rt. 65 North and visit the Village of Sewickley. I have a little quilt shop there and would love to meet you. =)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUH ...
      STITCH ... studio & shop
      www.stitchstudioshop.com

      Delete
    2. Wish I could! I have to head back to Bedford for a lecture...

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!