Sunday, October 23, 2016

Stitching with Coffee near by....


 Stitching with Coffee near by....

That is what kind of past week I've had!  We are in the final finishes for Fall Quilt Market.    Most o fly stuff is shipped off, but I have a few last minute bindings, and extra quilts (from my two new fabric lines coming-out!) that will be stuffed into my suitcases, along with all the new patterns, templates, Sizzix dies, and Aurifil thread sets!

I often get so many questions about Market and festival, I always try to recap the difference each season...

Feel free to skip ahead if you already got it sorted out.

Spring Quilt Market and Fall Quilt Market, are the Quilting industry trade shows. Meaning only people in the Quilting industry as suppliers, makers, designers, shop owners, authors, Sewing machine companies, fabric companies, notions etc etc, come to show all the hew goods for Shop owners to purchase for their stores... Quilt Market is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. You have to have credentials that show you are a part of the industry to get in...  Quilt market takes up HALF of the entire George Brown convention center! Which I believe is Three football fields long... The other half, is all the quilts that will be up for festival... So we get to see the quilts as well! those are up for the entire almost two week time... of both events...

Fall Quilt Market,  which I leave for on Wednesday, happens just before, The International Quilt Festival Quilt Show.

Quilt Market dates are:  Schoolhouse presentations: Friday Oct 28th. then, Saturday Oct 29th-Oct 31st, is officially Quilt Market.

So. If you are attending Market, Here is where to find me.

MY Market Hours and Booths:
Friday 28th Schoolhouses:
Marcus 3:10pm, room 351c- Come hear about my three fabric lines out and coming!
Sizzix 4:55pm, room 352c - see my

Saturday 29th:
Marcus Booth: 1414  9:30 - 11:30 come by to say hi, see our designer quilts, new fabric lines and pick up a goody!
Sizzix Booth: 116  1-5pm

Sunday and Monday, I will be around the Marcus booth and loading around, Feel free to email me to reach me. I'm always connected. vfwquilts dot gmail dot com

Once market ends, (Which happens in the vending area of Houston Festival, for those who have attended Festival before)   They tear down market, Monday afternoon, move out, then all the PUBLIC vendors move in and set up, and are ready to open for business on Wednesday evening preview!

The International Quilt Festival Quilt Show.

Tuesday night November 1st, is the Awards ceremony where all the winners of the Judges part fo the show are announced.  This year, you will be able to watch them LIVE with a $3 ticket code.  Info is here. I'm pretty stoked as I am getting a ribbon this year!!! OMG!!!  I'm tickled pink that he "Mr. Swirl E. Bones" got something pinned to him!

November 2nd, Wednesday night preview, means the show opens Wednesday night for a a few hours... and continues Thursday- Sunday.

My International Quilt festival Hours!

Nov 2nd - Wednesday
Juki Booth #1033 - 6pm to 8pm

Nov. 3rd - Thursday
Juki Booth #1033 - 10am to 12pm
Sizzix Booth #118 - 2pm to 4pm

Nov. 4th - Friday
Sizzix Booth #118 - 10am to 12pm

Nov. 5th - Saturday
Sizzix Booth #118 - 10am to 12pm
Juki Booth #1033 - 1pm to 3pm



 So this is how I have spent my last few days... Binding, Binding, and Binding!!!
Every day, Different chair, Different quilt!  ;-)  Every time I see these pics, I think , who is that old lady sitting in the chair... haha.  It's true... 



I'm also preparing my hand work for the trip!  So basically we work 8am-10pm every day at these things... from breakfasts to dinners in the evenings...  I'm an early to bed kind of gal, so I tend to fall off early and go back and hand stitch until I fall asleep... So I am preparing hand work for a new quilt below!  My days never seem to end... If I'm not working, I'm working...  ( but I'm super duper excited about this new quilt... So, it's fun to do it!


I'm also repairing our new small travel cases... yes we have had a cute smallish sewing case. But now we have smaller ones!  

This size allows you to take them on the plane with your 4" scissors!  And of course you get to decorate your own, by needle turning whatever fabulous patchwork or fabric you want to the outside of them!


It's about 4.5" X 2.5" X 7.5"

Get yours here!  and yes we still have the larger ones available... I still love mine, and use it to teach with ally goodies... but I like this size for taking with on the airplanes!  my teaching one, can go into my suitcase with my large scissors and rotary cutter...


Next up? Packing... Jenny Egg is not happy to see the suitcases out...

stay tuned for:
Market snap shots!
Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for faster posting the next two weeks... Blogger has cancelled their iPhone app, so I can't post from iPhone anymore!  BOO!!



I plan on having some posts ready for you ahead of time... so you can see all the new goodies!



OH, and!
Are you going to Festival?

Anyone who has a quilt story--not just quiltmakers but quilt owners, designers, collectors or friends & family of a quiltmaker--is invited to record a 3-minute video with a special quilt. There are no pre-arranged questions or guidelines; just one person telling the story of one quilt in three minutes or less. 
Each interview slot lasts for approximately 15 minutes to include time for setting up the interview and audio testing. Go Tell It at the Quilt Show! is a free service for the quiltmaking community, provided by the Quilt Alliance, but a requested donation of $10 helps cover the cost of travel, staff time, web hosting, and video equipment.

If you would like to volunteer at Festival in the Quilt Alliance boothfind out more and sign up here.

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Well, how do you like that? I learned two things.... live coverage of awards and Go Tell It on a quilt. This is great as I don't think I would have picked up on them any other place!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!