Saturday, September 24, 2016

Open for business!



Well, yesterday was sure a busy day! 

VFW Quilts NYC store is open for business!

We had a great day yesterday with so many lovely quilting peeps from all over, streaming in to help us open the store!

Vfwquilts.com


 
A few familiar faces dropped by: Alex Veronelli from Aurifil thread, Sarah Bond (awesome philly quilter) :-),  MaryKay Davis, (the Quilt Show, and quilter ) Marie Bostwick, (NY times Best selling Author, and dear friend and quilter) Allie Aller, (another amazing quilter,author, dear friend) and Maureen Clark (dear friend and quilter)

Tonight we have another opening party with special hours. 4-7pm

It's also Quilters Take Manhattan weekend, so we will all be at the event, next I pop up to my store, and next the After Dark Party at my home 7:30-9:30. 
A very full day and weekend!

I do hope you all will put me on your quilt stop list next time you are in NYC next time!
Starting next week: 
M-Th 10-1
Fri-Sat 12-6
Sun closed






Besides opening the store yesterday, I taught all day!  Nothing like packing it all in!  I taught two three hour Sizzix classes at my home, using my Sizzix Geese Crossing dies. We talked abou how to use them in ways beyond the obvious. So, instead of making just a traditional block we added strips to turn them into signature blocks, which they can then take to Quilters Take Manhattan today, and have people sign their blocks! 

We have Kaffe lecturing today, Marianne & Mary Fons, Carolyn Mazaloomi, Mark Lapinski being interviewed, and many others.  It will be a great day!
This is the Quilt Alliance's yearly fundraising event. Thank you for your support!







Everyone stitching away. The Juki's were humming! 


Jenny Egg enjoyed herself too. 

:-)

(Please forgive any typos. It's five am and I'm posting from my iPhone. Ha!)!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the store. It looks so inviting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day! But where is the shop? I am coming to NYC next week & would love to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an amazing day you've had. Wishing you every success with your store and if I ever get to NYC I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new store!! I adore your aqua baskets on the shelving, my favourite colour and I must hunt around here in New Zealand see if I can find any. Looked like a great opening and hope your early evening is huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for the success of your new store!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!