Sunday, August 14, 2016

Mini vacation.



My mini stay-cation. 

I'm usually home all of August for family vacation.  It feels good to leave NYC and just be quiet at my home on Long Island. Even though I am still working away....(!!)   It's nice to get up early when everyone is still sleeping, and sit outside and watch the chipmunks battle squirrels for bird seed. 


"The Eggster" aka, Jenny Egg, gets her summer hair cut and vet apts, while I am cooking, getting my canning stuff ready for tomatoes. All that good homey stuff... I love summer! (...and a good fresh tomato!)


Beatrice picked up english paper piecing this summer (Gonna make her a quilter yet!) and made this for me out of my Meadow Storm line which should be in my website shop around Sept 1st!  Stay tuned!! Yay!!   She used the Sizzix honeycomb die.


And I have been working on some small projects, like this Rare Science Charity Bear project, details about this will come soon. 

I do have two trips coming up. Friday I am taping again, The Quilt Show in the Denver Studios with Ricky Tims & Alex Anderson! That will be a quick trip.... And then as a family trip, we head up to see my brother-in-laws family in St. Andrews by the Sea, NB. Canada. 


Summer is zipping by to quickly.  Before I know it, I'll be teaching at the National Quilt Museum Sept 8-10, a three day Double Wedding Ring class. A few spots are still open. Don't miss it!
My only other dir classes, are five day and are filled!  This is your chance to catch this class!






  Besides teaching there, I'm in an exhibit HERE & THERE: with fellow Manhattan Quilt Guild members. I honored to be included! 

I'm off to stuff my patchwork bear, poolside, with my morning cup of coffee! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Beatrice has a real eye for color and design! I think you have already made her a quilter. Form what I can see of the bear he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my happiest summers were on long island, not sure how it is now, but in those days you could walk up the street and go to town, and not worry;) Beatrice did a beautiful job on her piece, another mother, daughter team in the making.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!