Friday, July 31, 2015

Lakeview Quilters


This was a post that for some reason never posted, so now that I'm home!!! Yes three days straight to drive from Marfa to NYC, got me home Wednesday. I'm now at my house in Long Island... So expect a few videos shortly... 

Today I settled into my home, feet up, swam, sewed, and seriously contemplated a nap.... But this is as far as I got.

Flat out on our outdoor daybed. 
It's a good place to be,with my family, my dog and a freshly inspired brain. Aahhhhh!

So. Here is the post that did not post.

More later... 


We did a two day LEMOYNE Star Worshop at the LakeView quilt guild, and it was a lot of good chuckles! Singing, joking, fabric flying! All was well! 

So much amazing color and different visions per person.... So exciting to watch them all come together. 
They all successfully learned their Y Seams! YAY!! 

Not hard when you know a few tricks!
Large diamond template that we used is available in my website shop. 
Here. 

I so enjoy having more time with my students. One day is just not enough!! So, this coming year I will be doing more longer classes, several 5 day classes, (starting next month, at Madeline Island School of Art!) through out the year....  Check my calendar page for dates. 




My Cut it up crew! :-)


Thanks Texas guilds!! Beatrice and I had a blast!! It's nice to go away, but wow, it's really nice to come home, too! 

2 comments:

  1. I so love that lone star with the solid colour sashing. Your hot pink version was one of the first pictures of a modern quilt I ever saved, long before I knew it was yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all had a good time and produced some beautiful colourful pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!