Monday, April 20, 2015

IQSCM workshop.

A HUGE Thank you to the amazing staff at the International Quilt Study Center for an amazing weekend.
(not pictured) Patricia Crews and Leslie Levy and, L to R: Johnathan Gregory, Laura Chapman, Marin Hanson, me, Carolyn Ducey, Kim Taylor, Dean Young, Joy Shalla Glenn & Mary Ourecky.

I look forward to coming back to Lincoln in June! See you then!

We held the class on Saturday, and dug right in for some major PLAY time!

We were lucky to have couple quilts hanging in the class room for inspiration!






 The students were very fast workers! Fabric was flying and ideas were popping left and right!
We talked about improv, color, choices for contrast and making moving in your quilt... Manipulating the fabrics, making the most of what you create.... A busy fun filled day!

Perhaps you will be inspired by what some of the students have made!







 The students always inspire me... I went back to my hotel that night and had ideas rolling around in my brain all night, and now I want to get back in the studio and make!!!   I love how teaching classes works both ways... You all are inspiring...

Thank you for that!!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the class and sharing all your quilty knowledge with us. The class was super fun. I am so excited to see some of the class pieces in progress and I hope to get to see them to the finish. I am curious if your quilt got bound cuz you know my offer to take that off your hands still holds!!! :)
    Thanks oodles and gobs Victoria!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing what the others were making, it was fun to see...... just gets the juices flowing and like you said makes you want to hit the fabrics and machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming to Lincoln! I enjoyed your talk very much, especially the stories of how your double wedding ring quilts came to be. It was fun meeting you and you inspired me to go home and sew! I started the retro mod quilt from your book and so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!