Back from Quilt Market!
With a fun road trip with Shelly to Pittsburgh, I am now home and back to getting quilt sleeves sewn on double wedding ring quilts! WAHOO! Market was fun, and here are a few highlights. Joanna from Fig tree & Co. and Jodie Davis, filmed a Aurifil spot with our Thread sets. Always fun to be sitting with these talented ladies! Jodie Davis always inspires me, as she is has done so much in this industry. She is one Fabulous lady!
The Aurifil Website is still being updated.. Hopefully soon it will be live...
Mark Lipinski was back at Market! A first in a quite a few years! So happy to see him back! We sit on the board of the Quilt Alliance, and we've missed seeing each other! Great to catch up!
You have your tickets for Quilters Take Manhattan, right? I hope so!!! Come on up to my house! ;-)
Book signing for Quilting with a Modern Slant, with all these fabulous peeps! Now that was fun! The lovely, Sarah Fielke, Katy Jones, myself, Angela Walters, and the dapper Thomas Knauer,and John Adams, and somehow not in the pic, RACHEL MAY! The fabulous author who put it all together!
Always great to catch up with friends at Market, Above with good friends,Michelle and Tracy of GenQ and Kathy Doughty. Below, with Michele Muska, be on the look out for her book release HERE (I'm inside!). Janet and Kimberly of ROSE PATCH CREATIONS , Jodie Davis, and Shelly Pagliai. Janet and Kimberly were kind to let us squish in to have dinner together, in a very busy restaurant... Sometimes new friends are meant to be made! hehe!
Serendipity Studios caught my eye... Isn't it adorable? You may see one soon in my closet... It's very me, don't you think? My kind of colors too!
End of day Saturday found many of the designers on the floor on their knees! hehe! Kim's son had arrived home from Afghanistan while she was at market...So we all made a letter and did a welcome home video for him. Yes, we were all teary... and honored...
Now I'm home. Binding done on this Cancer quilt to be shipped off tomorrow...Isn't it lovely? Thank you all for those beautiful blocks, it means so much to m! It helps that I can can whip them together quickly, when needed!
You can see all the quilts piled up behind, that I need to get work done on, before heading to the Midwest for the summer! I best get to it!
Here's my summer schedule. I hope to see you somewhere on the route!
- June 7th, Eastern Long Island Quilters, Riverhead,NY
- June 25 Exhibit TRADITIONS" opens including Victoria's 12 Double Wedding Rings Traditions Made Modern exhibit Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts
- June 27 Member only: Victoria's DWR lecture at the Wisconsin Quilt Museum 4pm
- June 27: Victoria's Lecture 15 Minutes of Play: Open to all register here:Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts
- June 28: 15 Minutes of play at the Wisconsin Quilt Museum, SOLD OUT
- June 29th: TRADITIONS: Opening reception at 12pm at the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts
- July 8-9 Prairie Quilt Guild, Wichita, KS
- July 11-12 Thimble & Thread, St. Louis, MO
- July 14-15 Kaw Valley Quilters, Lawrence, KS
- July 17-18 Pride of the Prairie Quilters, Naperville, IL