Sunday, April 7, 2013

Quilt Alliance Quilt Contest deadline extended!


My "20" quilt is almost finished! 
I'm off to do some hand quilting and then I may even make another as, the deadline has been extended!
Have you made a 20" donation quilt?  Have you seen the PRIZES?  The quilts do travel around as well. I highly encourage you all to make just one!  It's a good cause and easy to do...
Will you consider making one?


Saving these stories of quilters... It's good for all of us who create, it's HISTORICAL!  
Don't you wish you had saved stories of the quilters before us in our families?  
We need your support.
One quilt.
Theme is TWENTY, how ever you interpret that... (it's our 20th Anniversary!)
Quilts get auctioned off to help fund our many projects...
(Maybe even YOUR story!)


JoyceTWENTY Contest Deadline
 Extended to June 1!
We invite all quilters, beginners to advanced, to enter our annual contest to support the Alliance and its projects. This year in honor of our 20th Anniversary we chose a broad theme that celebrates TWENTY: the numeral, the concept, the quantity, the word. All techniques and materials are encouraged. Entries are a donation to the Alliance and will be auctioned on eBay following a national exhibition tour. The Grand Prize winner will receive an HQ Sweet Sixteen machine quilting system by Handi Quilter, Inc.Full details and downloadable entry form here.

New postmark deadline: June 1, 2013.

Sneak a peek at the first entries! We've posted detail photos of each quilt on the Quilt Alliance Flickr page. Terry Stegmiller's is shown above. Full photos will be posted in a gallery on the Alliance website after June 1.

http://quiltalliance.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/go-tell-it-interviews-from-quiltcon/

2 comments:

  1. OMG.. I NEED TO TAKE THIS CHALLENGE...

    maybe I'll start TODAY.. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad it the deadline was extended! Phew! I know what I will quilt, but haven't had time to quilt it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!