Saturday, May 12, 2012

HAPPY (EARLY) MOTHER'S DAY!

Quilt Sleeves!  I am trying to do two quilts a weekend... Why do I find them SO boring!!
They are just not very creative! LOL!
I have quite a few quilts leaving me the end of the month, early June.  You only get a sneak peak of this one...for now.

This one I am working on goes to the Minnesota Quilt Guild Show.  
If you are in the area, please go! I won't be able to make the show. 
I'm sending my mother down to see them though. She'll enjoy that!
June 14-16 at the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester, MN

I'll be at the NQA show that is the same weekend. June 14-16th in Columbus, Ohio. I have four quilts in the regular judged show, and also, I curated an exhibit of 12 more quilts on Modern quilting, based on our NYC MOD group.  It is an exhibit the reflects our work "as a group"(we make a group quilt at nearly every meeting)  and it will also show the diverse selection of individuals that best tell who we are as modern quilters. It will be really nice to see them all hung together, I hope you will get to come see the shows!

Hubby's birthday is tomorrow on Mother's day, but since he has to travel to Hong Kong tomorrow, we're celebrating everything today!  Boo gave daddy a pillow she made.  All were happy and proud! ;-) Happy Birthday Darling!
It's a beautiful day today! Sunny, clear, warm... I've done some more work in my garden today, and now I'm feeling a bit like Jenny Egg... It might be time for a nap in the hammock.

Enjoy your day!  And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS out there! 
(I get to celebrate early, you might as well too!)


9 comments:

  1. that NQA show sounds really fun. i was really surprised at the Mancuso show in Florida that there wasn't a single modern quilt. or Liberated or Gee's Bend-inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our hubbies, they share a birthday! Keep plugging away on those sleeves, you'll get there. I'd rather do the sleeve than the binding :) Have a lovely mother's day ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you, Victoria. Love the pillow Boo made for her daddy. Such a charming young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day and Michael a very Happy Birthday! Love the pillow Boo made! Those photos of Jenny Egg are fabulous! Hope you had a good nap. I took a little 15 minute nap, now I am refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Michael is a Taurus, too! I knew we had something in common besides you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. Happy Mom's Day ...all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hammock napping is much better than sleeve sewing. Have a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your quilt at MQ! Is it in the judged section?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't like sewing on sleeves - I agree, it just isn't creative. I wish there were another way...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!