Sunday, April 12, 2009

Inspiration

Finding inspiration through playing.


Playing with tiny scraps. (with no plan in sight.)


Playing with donated 9 patches for another donation quilt.


A Play day at the Met with my hubby.
Always inspiring.


Crazy colored eggs. mix to see what you get...


B's baby quilt I never finished quilting...
the Vintage Fabrics still inspire me.

look for more interesting old fabrics.

New growth, new direction, new color scheme?
try some combo you've never used before, or colors you tend not to like.

Perhaps this will be a quilt by the end of the week...
find inspiration in something unexpected.

Really just laying around. We are all home & sick .

Again.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry you're not feeling well. What a drag. Love the pup picture.
    Take in some of the beautiful sunshine today-maybe it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, I luv the plaid with the 9 patches, looks great! Sorry y'all aren't feeling well. We are having spring allergies here. (It's the oak pollen.) This morning my daughter told me this pollen is on her last nerd. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How important it is to sometimes play and experiment with no particular project in mind! Some of my best stuff has come from just such a venture. I love to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great photos, and so true, inspiration in everything and sometimes playing leads to the best result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better. The blue and white blocks are so pretty. The 9 patch is lovely, you can never go wrong with 9 patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what the fence design reminds me of? A quilt in that stitch and flip book. Magic carpet maybe? It has that framework all filled with golds and oranges. Hmmmm....wonder what your's will become. And how fun is the plaid with those extra 9-patches? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Victoria! I'm sorry that you're sick. I've been on vacation and haven't been able to comment. Looks like you've been a busy girl! Love the new quilt and all of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!