Monday, April 6, 2009

color tuesday


Being influenced by the color around you.

Blue Hydrengeas, green grass and trees, the beach, having things that remind you of childhood, all these things heavily influence the way I work.

My house, Is pretty much all blues, greens and browns.
So yesterday,after
showing Monica how to make a coffee cozy, had to make one for myself, which lead to a new pot holder, so I will stop burning my hand on my ratty ones, to a pot holder, and then to finally update, what I use as a table runner on my table...three place mats from Johnathan Adler....

I cut them apart, and quilted them all together to make something cohesive.

My husband said, "whats that?"
I said, "you don't recognize them?"
"nope. Oh!" he said, "it's a Quoily."
I said, "a what?"
He said, "You know, a quilt - doily, a Quoily!"
"We've become doily people!"

I said," um no it's the placemats we've been using down the center of our table to rest things on for the last 3 years... Remember these?"

"OH! yeaH, I REMEMBER NOW...
"

So much for being creative!

;-)

*******

I've got green blue and brown all over my house.
No wonder it comes up in my quilts so much... Perhaps I've been to hard on this quilt...
now that I can see it in the grander scheme of things... perhaps it will live in my living room.



Find inspiration around you.

what inspires you today?

8 comments:

  1. A Quoily! Seriously, V, that is hilarious! Hope B is feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is absolutely perfect for the living room. I really love it. The fabrics are fabulous. B gets more lovely every time you show her picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for opening up your house to us. What a wonderful space. Yes, that quilt that you weren't so sure about, well it fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V, I'm amazed at how much you get done and that your house is clean. I can either get stuff done or I can have a clean house. I'd rather get stuff done. My hat is off to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think B has the "bug" too....I definitely can see a free pieced quilt in her assemblage. Don't you think?

    Quoily! Hubby's contribution to the quilter's dictionary and a good one too. He's quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how our quilts can out our real color choices...love the blue potttery piece. Today I am amazed by all the shades of green in the trees as they go into bloom...almost rear ended the car in front of me as I was thinking about them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's one of my favorite color combos, too.

    I LOVE the photo of the lined-up white rocks on the wood. It's very Andy Goldsworthy-esque. You've got a little talentbug on your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!