Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Summer time!

I've been relaxing at my house for the summer, which means, cleaning up my tiny studio here on long Island... Every summer I go about trying rearrange the space to maximize it's small space and clean out all the other STUFF that accumulates all year long! How does that happen?  ( I have no idea!)

Summer is my favorite time to sit back, and dream up new projects and ideas!  My best work is done while getting my nails done, or even a massage. ;-)  Or walking along the pier having ice cream...(hey, you never know when ideas will hit!)    I'm working on many new templates and patterns right now!  I tell you, having a few weeks down to rest up, makes the ideas flood right in! 

Just wait til fall: Lots of new goodies!
Be sure to keep an eye at VFWquilts.com  for new products!


This is also a time when I love to work on my commission quilts.  I love designing for others where I can do whatever I want, make it as complicated or difficult as I can to make a beautiful gift for my customers.  This is a quilt for a collage artist... I had several ideas come together and figured, she of all people will truly appreciate the joining and layering of ideas in one quilt! Many of the fabrics were chosen by her, and my job is to make them live happily together, and fit a story I put together based on some writings by my customers about people in their family.  I have a back log of these works, as they often take me longer to get made, among all my regular deadlines and travels.

My newest template set has been such a hit, I was asked to add another class at:
I LOVE teaching here!  I have two classes next year there. A five day Double wedding Ring class which is sold out.  And now this class!  A four day Cottage tulip class!  You will get so much done, build skills, master skills and make some gorgeous quilts!  Class registration opened Tuesday afternoon, and we only have three spots left. I highly recommend grabbing a spot ASAP! It's about 1.5 hours drive from Minneapolis airport in Downsville, WI, which is right near Menominee, WI (Univ of WI : Stout) ...and its GORGEOUS! check out her website for details.

September 26-29th, 2019

Cottage Tulips
Make a big, beautiful statement with vintage-inspired circular tulip blocks. Build a colorful, fat-quarter friendly quilt one block at a time! We will learn tips for successful block construction based on my Cottage Tulips Acrylic Template Set. Master Y-seams and curved piecing; build confidence in color and design all through PLAY!
Kit fee: $30 for VFW Quilts’ Cottage Tulips Template Set (if not previously purchased.)
or
$245 for the complete Cottage Tulips Kit
Includes pattern, template set, and fabric for top and binding.


Need another opportunity for class? 
(My other favorite place to teach: I'm there TWO weeks next year!)
California: Empty Spools Seminars
February 24-March 1, 2019



To the Nines Improv -  CLICK HERE

Focusing on your intuition and trusting it to make a great quilt, we will explore some clever, intuitive design. By working within a limited color palette and a few simple design parameters, no two quilts will look alike! We will learn tips for successful block construction based on my versatile Victory Block Acrylic Template Set. Using negative space and your improv elements, we will add design principles to complete an efficient and effective overall design. Skill build, tweak your sewing skills, work on trust and intuition, how you look at projects and designs, and build fabulous quilts! Don't miss this class! Much like my Double wedding ring class, your eyes will be widened!

Kit Fee: $25 for my Victory Block Acrylic Template Set (if not previously purchased.)


I sure hope you can make one fo these events!  These are the places to catch me, unless you are flying to NYC!  FYI, my 2020 teaching schedule will be cut waaaay back... I hope to do some more personal travel that year, and work on some special projects for myself.  So don't miss these classes in 2019!  All my other classes for 2019 are sold out!


1 comment:

  1. I find I get my best ideas when I am sitting on the porch at night, love to sit in the dark quiet and look up at the stars. It is hard to get a lot done in the summer, too tempting to be outside or at the beach;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!