Wednesday, April 12, 2017

MQX New England recap!

MQX New England was a lot of fun!  The Exhibit of Double Wedding Rings was so lovely to have!  I took my classes to the exhibit and related  all the things we talk about in class, to the quilts we were looking at...  Its such a treat to have that many pieces of work available to share! If you have my Double wedding ring book, you will have seen many of these quilts! Although I did have quite a few pieces that are not in the book. So the next time you can see them is at Paducah the end of the month!  Come by as I will be lecturing at the exhibit several times that week Hours will belated in the catalog... I have to look that up yet.  I am also Lecturing on Play and Creativity!  Don't miss it!


I taught a 15 Minutes of Play Class and a Double Wedding Ring pillow class.  When I only have one day to teach DWR's, we really only get on ring made in that time frame. But that ONE ring, is all you need to know to make an entire Double wedding ring Quilt!  Did you know that?  All the tricks you need for success happen within the ring, and then you constantly use those same tricks through the entire quilt.  The students made some really fun pieces!  Here are just a few of the pieces...  My Double wedding ring templates are available here!


It was nice to see some of my 15 Minutes Players at MQX! They even brought in their lovely pieces that they made! I love seeing what you've done with your 15 Minutes or your double wedding rings!  Keep those emails and pictures coming!

Kim was with me, as we also vended at MQX. it was so nice to see so many of you there!
All of these items are available at my website, Vfwquilts.com

I had to tease Kim, as my bed, I thought looked better than hers....  hehe. Cheeky huh?  This quilt was made using my Victory Block template set
I will be showing you the rest of my weekend, tomorrow where we were making quilts using that template set!

4 comments:

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!