Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekend Sewing


What did I do this weekend? I hand stitched all weekend!
First I finished up the mini quilts for our booth using the 4" Variety pack templates that are new in the store. ( below)  Then I embroidered and sewed the binding on the Little 4" block above to be used at a name tag at QuiltCon.  All of us at VFW Quilts made new name tags using the NEW snack set templates.  Kim, Laura, and Susan and I will all be in Savannah!  I can't believe in one week we will be road tripping to GA!  Will you be there?

The little "Variety Pack" quilts are looking so good! These blocks are so addicting!! 
Easy to piece, and super cute!

I also had been working on quilting this new DWR quilt this entire past week... I finally finished it Sunday morning!  I immediately trimmed it, made the bias binding, sewed it on, took it home so I could binge watch and hand bind all day.   Yep.  It's done... Now to do three quite sleeves this week, Class samples as I seem to have lost them from my Craft Napa trip... (I'm sure they are hiding and will turn up as soon as I finish new samples...)  Above I used my Double wedding ring set and my Full Melon template all in one quilt!


I need to get this up on the wall today and photograph it... It was a fun one to make!

What did you do this past weekend?


Need a fun small project? Join in on this Marcus Markers MUG RUG CHALLENGE!

Show Us Your Mug Shot!



We Love Mugrugs! They're a quick and easy, practical and useful project. And if a quick Google search for images of Mugrugs is any indication, we're not alone! Sized just right for your favorite beverage, a spoon, and a small snack, they're somewhere between a placemat and a coaster, the perfect pop of fiber art for any tabletop, nightstand or desk. Help us to create a movement, and "A Marcus Rug for Every Mug!"
Get in on the Fun --
Take the Marcus Makers Mugrug Challenge!
Enter Now through April 30, 2017

THE DETAILS:
WHAT:It's a Mugrug Challenge featuring Marcus and Studio 37 Fabrics!! Stitch an original design, a commercial design, or choose to recreate the mugrug of your favorite Marcus Maker(s). Free projects for these are available online at MarcusFabrics.com and Studio37Fabrics.com. Your entries must contain a recognizable amount of a Marcus or Studio 37 fabric, and yes, other fabrics may also be used. The finished mugrug must be a MAXIMUM size of 9" x 9". This allows for rectangular, square, hexie or round shapes, etc. as long as it measures no more than 9" x 9". Enter as many as you like, but please post each mugrug separately.
WHEN:Now through April 30, 2017
WHERE:
  • Post your MugShot on Instagram with #MarcusMugshot
  • Tag the photo @marcusfabrics or @studio37fabrics so it shows up in our feeds. (Not on Instagram? You can also email entries to mugrug@marcusfabrics.com)
SNAP A PICTURE! We'd love for you to include yourself in the photo, and/or show the mugrug in use. And we don't even care which adult beverage is in your mug - no judgment!! ; )
PRIZES:Each Tuesday morning during the Challenge we'll choose and announce random winners from your posted entries to win fabric prizes. Marcus designers will share in the posting of the winning entries
MORE!Check local participating quilt shops for More Marcus Mugrug Mania!!

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I worked on an improv pieced graduation quilt made with the student's t-shirts and Essex cotton/linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this quilt on instagram and immediately loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!