Monday, February 15, 2016

a little detour.

I did  a little detour play this week cutting out blocks from the Marcus Wool I have. 
I love the BRIGHT colors, and finally got inspired to start the rug I hoped to make two years ago!  



I dusted off my Simplicity 12 needle felting machine. I LOVE playing with this thing... It is so much fun to needle felt so quickly. with this machine. I will still do a little hand detail stitching on these, I think for some detail. felt in some roving and other colors... perhaps add some silk ribbon... 


I have this large piece of pre felt,  that will help my rug become a nice sturdy rug.  
I'm going to make a whole bunch more brightly colored blocks and felt those as well before felting the entire thing together...  
I haven't quite decided what they will be, but at least I finally got started on it!
It is just satisfying think about it, and play in those beautifully bright colored wools!

Doesn't take to much to make me happy!

Just add color!

********


My QuiltCon

Thursday: I'm teaching all day. Pies and Points Class.

Friday: I'm teaching all day. Stretch Hex & Tumbler Quilt.

Saturday:
JUKI booth #322  10-11, let me show you what I love about JUKI!
Sizzix Booth 11-12:15, come see my newest awesome dies!
C & T publishing #520:   BOOK SIGNING ! Come say hi!
Victoria Findlay Wolfe, Creativity & Process lecture: 3pm
Marcus booth #630 4-5:30, come sew with me for charity!

Sunday:
Marcus booth #630 10-12pm , come sew with me for charity!
JUKI booth #322  12-1pm , let me show you what I love about JUKI!
Sizzix Booth 2-3pm, come see my newest awesome dies!


Be Sure to swing by Aurifil and the Quilt Alliance booth as well! 



See me at QuiltCon?  Let's take a picture!  I'd love to meet you!
I'll give you a "special" button if you come take a picture with me!



My NEW Aurifil threads are now available in my website shop! 
Be the first to get them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!