Sunday, February 17, 2013

being lazy.

 A little bit of this, and a little bit of that. I'm taking a very lazy LONG weekend, piddling around my studio at my house, before heading to Austin for QuiltCon!  Are you going?  Stop by the booth and say hi! BOOTH #107

We have a scavenger hunt(with PRIZES!) going at QuiltCon, and we're also doing "Go Tell it at the Quilt show" interviews...

If you are attending QuiltCon consider bringing a quilt with you to share with the world! Our new project, “Go Tell It at the Quilt Show!” is designed to capture the stories of quilts where quiltmakers gather. The formula for Go Tell It! is simple: one person talking about one quilt in front of one video camera for three minutes. Unlike our Quilters’ S.O.S. – Save Our Stories project where the interviewee must be a quiltmaker, the Go Tell It! interviewee profile is much broader. (continue reading at the blog)

Please HOP over to the Quilt Alliance BLOG for more info!  
Share your STORY!
Be heard!
Be Preserved! ;-)
http://quiltalliance.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/go-tell-it-at-the-quilt-show-at-quiltcon/



We've had MORE snow out here on Long Island, so I am staying close to the fireplace with my feet up, and a good cup of ginger tea at my side... I'm doing some hand quilting, and playing around in some new gathered fabrics...
It's quite a quirky color palette, and includes, African fabrics, Antique fabrics(really, really old ones!)  Vintage, new modern prints, and even some batiks... It's been fun working on something sort of out of my normal color palette. I've been gathering fabrics for months now, for this project, and it's finally coming together.
My whole day was made yesterday when I dug through the ODD stash I have here at my house, and I found this Purple, blue and orange batik! I kind of thought I'd NEVER find a use for it! But low and behold, it is the PERFECT fabric to make this project dance! Gotta love that when that happens!

Jenny Egg is trying out different scrap bins today... She's hit three different ones already today...
Now that she is WARM... 
She goes out to run in the fluffy snow we got last night, and comes in like a giant snowball.... 

Boo and guest, had some SNOW fun today, but it's quite blustery so it didn't  last to long... I don't blame them... brrrrrrrr.... I'd rather stay in by the fire!

Time for tea!


8 comments:

  1. Love that peachy/rose striped fabric--it is sooo pretty...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect day to be inside by the fire. Have a great time at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at your picture of Jenny egg, She looks just like our dog did the other week. The snow was that matted around her legs and toes she couldn't walk and I had to carry her home. She didn't like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip; hope you get to meet many many wonderful quilters! I have been ironing for two hours and am quite envious about the cold and snow right now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you will have seeing all those quilts and hearing stories!! Good day to be by the fire......or a warm space heater like I have in my sewing room. ;-) Blustery day here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tantalizing fabric peeks; eager to see what emerges.

    Snow looks fun!

    (windy, rainy, chilly here, no good for being outside. Low 60s inside my house this morning: wish I had a fireplace!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely lazy weekend. Fabulous fabrics in that pile. I've taken a leaf from your book over the weekend and tried a free form quilt. Thanks for the inspiration! http://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/flying-solo/. Have a great time at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Victoria
    Wishing you a wonderful trip,and hope you bring back many stories to share from Quiltcon. Would love to be going----who knows maybe one day!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!