Monday, April 2, 2012

Still "Half Squareing..."

Same old, same old, around here... I'm still sewing those lovely half square triangles here... It's easy to lose a whole day sewing them together. Then I need another day to press them all and trim the points, and put them together into "groups of 4" strips... It's looking great, and am trying to not to rush it or loose my mojo with it!


I also did a bit of playing with the fabrics Kim picked out from me a while back. I'm trying some new colors to see what develops. Just sew a bunch of scraps together, and get inspired!

What will this week bring for you?
New quilts? New ideas? Or finish something in existence?


For me, this week is all about machine quilting. I have a  couple quilts that need to get done...Like this one! Our group quilt for NYC MOD. 60% done... just need 16more hours to finish! Eek! (More pictures from our meeting here) Going to have to talk real nice to my JUKI... so it all goes smoothly!  Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, when I saw your hst units the first thing to come to mind was the quilt my Grandma Grace made for me, made with peachy orange hst.

    I love the Mod Guild quilt top, color, color, color and not square! What do you all do with your finished quilts? Will it go to your Basics Charity project? nosey much? Yeah, lol, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cutting HST too to make something like Nifty made at your retreat.....I've got a lot more cutting to go :0).
    Love the NYC MOD quilt......super colors.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just give the Juki a couple "love pats" and you can get that quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the star quilt. It is very stunning. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make me some half squares! Yours look so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer on the Mod quilt project! So eye catching...like being in a paint store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...I love getting lost in making scrappy HST's...my favorite scenario is doing it with absolutely no clue how I will used the finished little gems. Looking forward to seeing how you use them. Happy belated!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!