Monday, April 11, 2011

SIGNATURE BLOCK INFO

These are Fabrics I purchased two years ago waiting for the right PROJECT....
I may make a lot of scrappy quilts, 
but that doesn't stop me from LOVING old reproduction prints and style quilts...
I'm happy just making what ever floats my boat!
I dug out a bunch of vintage blocks that I had as well, and after seeing the 
QUAKER quilt from 1844 (last post)
I knew just what I wanted to make with them...

A Signature Quilt 
with all my blogger friends...

I just rec'd a box of vintage scraps from a pal BETH, (THANK YOU BETH)
and I dug right into them and started playing with
how to make something with my signature on it... 
I loved the fancy writing on that old quilt. 
Not sure I can pull that off,
but I am going to try... 
ABOVE is my first attempt...  START by making your signature piece first...  
This one I did backwards and now it's all crooked, so I will make another...

The fabrics Ishow what colors I'd like this quilt to be, 
so if you want to make a 6.5" block for me, 
these are the colors for the quilt...

If you would like to contribute a BLOCK: 


1.  Any Style  6.5" unfinished BLOCK
with your signature. 
I PREFER FUNKY FABRICS, 
dig out your Kaffe's 
and brights and solids! 
does NOT need to be reproduction fabrics, 
have fun with it!

2. Include on your block, 
NAME
CITY, STATE
and/or COUNTRY

3.  Any style fabrics, (colors above)
Does not need to be Reproduction fabrics
I like funky fabrics on traditional blocks

Please use a permanent FABRIC INK 
with your signature ( Rub a dub sharpies or pigma pens)
so it doesn't fade when washed.

4. contact info click here.

5. no rush...
I will collect these until I have enough for a quilt. 

THANK YOU!!!

See last post for more on this inspiration.

--Victoria



20 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea V. Just the push I need to get started again. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea- I love those old repo prints. I will send one to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, sure, you betcha. T'will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your signature! Did you do that by hand? I sometimes print with the right font on my computer and trace over it onto fabric (with the help of a lightbox), but mine never looks that good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, you know I'm going to be making you one of this...fancy signature and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just gifted some vintage blocks - I'm going to have to take a look and see if would be a good fit for your signature quilt. And I can see why the Quaker quilt inspired you. It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics, I like the no rush part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh This sounds like fun, now what block to make....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can send you a siggy block soon!
    That quilt was inspirational in Philly. Love your idea for a sig quilt with the repro fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to make a block. The gears are already turning.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you write your name in that nice font? Did you feed fabric into your printer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just finished my block for you. I am fairly new to the blogging world but have been a lurker on yours for a while. You are an inspiration. Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I collect black and white fabrics..working on a "I Spy" quilt for a GGnephew and now with ideas from Pat's book, I think a more nieces and nephews can look forward to quilts from auntieDee. My first quilt was for my GD when she was 10 mths old, she's 15 yrs old and I'm still working on it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to send you a block V. I guess I will use my real name not my nickname? Will start on it tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you mind one from Australia by the way? xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a bit late getting into the game...I'll make a block when I get back from Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sent you a block yesterday I hope it works for you.Thanks so much for all of the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I put my block in the mail this afternoon. I don't have a blog, but my friend Tonya does, and she encouraged me to send you a block. I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there. I've been reading your blog for several months now. Love the idea of the friendship quilt. I am putting a block in the mail tomorrow. Hope it works with your other blocks.

    Kathleen
    Los Altos, California
    (otherwise known as CaKath on Flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made a siggy block several weeks ago but didn't have a pen to sign it. I bought a pen yesterday and the block will be going in the mail today. Hope it's not too late!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!