Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quick recap. I'm home!

 Hi Y'all!  hehe! Had too, Texans rub off on ya!
Here are my FAVORITE quilts, 
that I had to keep going back to look at...
So many beauties of course, but these were special...

GRACEFUL DANCE... 
Can't you feel the energy? GLORIOUS COLORS
by Janneke De Vries-Bodzinga
of the Netherlands... Hand dyed cotton and silk...

 I forgot to take a picture of the name plate on this... Japanese for sure... hand quilted of course...
**thank you mngirltx!!
Mariko Nakano and is called "The Coming of Spring".
 Look a the fab plaids!! 
That curve in the corners that run the flowers together... Brilliant...

 This is Hideko Kubota, japan... Called Flower Road... fabulous detail
 How can you not love this guy? Again I missed the name plate...
Jenny Bowker's of Australia- Abu Ali and the Gilded Chairs.

 Gotta love this OH MY STARS quilt by SHELLY who had this in special exhibit for
Prize Winning Texas Quilts.. Way to go Shelly, It glows! So beautifully!

Here's Shelly S. , Shelly P, and me, as we were about to hit the vendors...
Shelly P, also had a quilt in the special exhibits... 
But I couldn't photograph it because it's in here:

 um, yeah, I did try out every long arm machine at the show to see what felt nice...
 I was concentrating so hard on my Tahitian woman with a flower in her hair...
I think I need to sell a few more quilts before I splurge on one of those babies!
 If I did buy one, Debby, would be my new best friend!  Hey girl!

 Peeking over Sharon Shamber's shoulder, while she demonstrated her techniques....
She won best in Show with this beauty... Check out the detail.. weee!


 The best fun was meeting up with Old pals, and new pals...
Linda from cottage garden quilts...
Teresa from MamaT
Rosann from Seattle, (*no blog)
And Julia of Green Quilts....

That's all folks!  For today...
need to go unpack and fondle some of my new fabric...

All my Houston photos are on my
It's loading...slowly!


17 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!

    I just love that first quilt - graceful dance!!!

    You must be full of inspiration now and quilting up a storm???

    I agree, a long arm would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Besides getting to see your pals, you saw some amazing quilts. That glorious dance quilt is stunning. I'm so impressed you tried out all those long arms - looks fun. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your photos from Houston for those who couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Victoria - I recognized the soft Japanese quilt above as one that I also photographed this weekend. It is by Mariko Nakano and is called "The Coming of Spring". It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts -- I always love the quilts done by the Japanese quilters - all their hand work is exquisite.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting all of your pics. I don't feel that I even needed to go to the show myself -and my back thanks you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your flicker pics ..... so many with the quilting up close. At this level of showing I know the quilting counts super big and you captured very well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! They are all beautiful but the first one is my favorite too!
    Looks like you had a lot of fun! I am going to go check out rest of the pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the show! Those Japanese quilt makers always drop my jaw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the amazing quilts Victoria. Oh I just love Graceful Dancing and the unnamed guy is one of Jenny Bowker's of Australia- Abu Ali and the Gilded Chairs.
    I so love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great pics...looking forward to seeing more on Flickr! The graceful African ladies are truly beautiful...you can almost hear them singing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS Flickr photos are wonderful, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little bit of reliving the fun! I had such a good time, even tho I ate way too much. Hope we get to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Glad you made it home okay and I'm so happy I got to meet you. We forgot to take a picture of the three of you together. I'm glad you posted one so I'd remember what the 2 Shelly's looked like. haha I'm itchin' to sew, too, but no time just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, you DID have a good time!

    Love the graceful ladies quilt and Jennie Bowker's quilt.

    I know what you mean about some years not being quite as powerful as other years. But that's the way it goes. :- )

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with those new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Nice post! I went and checked out your FLICKR pix and I crave that flag. Gorgeous and the stitching...fabulous. I'm also quite taken with the quilt on the last page that looks like rag rugs stacked on each other. What a great quilt! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the great show V. I keep going back to Graceful Dance - incredible photo and I'm sure amazing in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!