Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday

Here's the four of us! We had an amazing weekend. Besides the glitch with my car's transmission going out, we took one of the others cars, and boogied out of the city!
It's Caryn, ME, Calla and Monica here in the pic. We walked to the seals, but no luck that day.
We didn't really mind, it was like 76 out, finally a glorious warm day!

I have had girls nights out, but never a weekend to ourselves. It seemed so luxurious! We really didn't do much more than that walk, eat and talk. But really what else are we to do? It's what us girls know best! I'll cherish it. It did me good to feel really connected to my friends.



My hubby found this little post in the New Yorker:

From the Lancaster (N.H) coos County Democrat

On October 12, State Police responded to a report of a theft of three quilts from a motel in Jefferson. The quilts were later found to have been folded and put in the closet by the tourists...

;-)
thought that was pretty funny.


I have to say, I am exhausted, but in a very good way.
(I haven't been up til 1 am in YEARS!)


So, now I need to get the goodies sent out from the Give away, and tidy up around here... Thanks for everyone whose commented. It's always appreciated.

More later.

8 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect girls weekend to me-glad you had nice weather too-bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it was a glorious weekend! I'm so glad that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that you had a lot of fun. It is wonderful that you could have a get-together-get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V, Up past 1am? You are livin on the edge, girlfriend. I'm trying to remember the last time I was up til 1, but I can't seem to recall. Glad you had great time. It is nice to get away from your life every now and then. The last time I had a girls weekend, I came home so relaxed and sweet, sugar wouldn't have melted in my mouth. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got a weekend away with the girls. Husbands are great but once in a while girls need to talk and do the things girls do. Contact you with my address when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, wonderful weekend! I only get weekends like that once in a blue moon and I always treasure them! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Cheers,
    Dionne
    PS - The story in the paper is quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous weekend... I've done that a couple of times. There is nothing better. Tonight I get a shortened version, dinner out with two buddies. Wish it could be longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend! Love the quilt theft story! Funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!