Thursday, April 16, 2009

keep it flowing.

I'm packing it in for the weekend. I'll post the winner at 5pm, then I'll be be back Sunday. It was a bit of a scattered week, and I hope to regroup, clean, and get focused and get back in the routine. if only to get everyone here healthy again!

I am happy to say that, I did try a couple new things this week. I actually did some applique on the RED Matisse quilt, which I have never enjoyed doing. But I did it, and I like how it turned out. I got that quilt pinned and ready for quilting, which I may do by hand! yeah, there I go adding another hand sewing job.... those tend to take me forever... But. I love the quilt.


I have the Grad quilt ALMOST finished, I procrastinated it all week. I have a small amount of machine quilting left on it, and never got around to finishing it. I even have the binding on it already, you'd think I'd just finish it already!
And a few little goodies for my friends. I've never made mini quilts before, so mine are a little crude... but hey! I tried! So. That's about it.
I''m off to play.


******
(click here for Giveaway post to leave a comment)



Here's a few more people who stopped by the blog this week
who are

Letting it flow.


Trudi, is working on this free pieced top.
Check out her blog.

Krista @ cherry possum who is new to blogging, is making quilts entirely by hand! No sewing machine! Go encourage her blogging! say Hi.

Allison @ cluckclucksew Found her inspiration by seeing a pillow in a store, went home and made her own version. Love that free thinking!


Dianna @ someday-ill-be, is working on her FIRST quilt!
Stop by and encourage her!


And, just to pass this along. Farmchicks is giving away 2 yards of fabric of your choice of their new line. The line is really lovely, go take a peek. Whether I win some or not, I may need to get some. I love the aqua line, but that's no big surprise! Good thing their isn't BROWN too, or I'd be in big trouble... Not that I need anymore, but they were a new find, and thought you all might enjoy seeing their blog.

7 comments:

  1. V, Great stuff, as usual of course. I like the minis. They are cute. I can't wait to see the finished grad quilt. And of course, I'm DROOLING over the Red Matisse! Can't help it, it makes my skirt fly up! Have a fabulous, wonderful, and productive weekend! Happy Sewing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute mini quilts!
    I love the matisse quilt looking forward to seeing that one finished. Did you add more to the quilt top ???
    I love those turkey reds by blank!
    hope everyone is feeling better by Monday.
    get outside tomorrow enjoy the warm sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous girls weekend! Love your latest quilts - and so fun getting a sneak peek at the new blogs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun links today.. thanks!
    Have a great weekend. :-)
    (my verification word was "notable" .Cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed that you tried the miniature quilts -- I've just finished reading E. Levie (sp?)'s book Marvelous Miniatures, and have got a miniature quilt (or 6) on my to-do list. I've heard they aren't quick, but that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts AND mini's are great!

    Have a relaxing weekend...
    I plan on that too!!

    : ) Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the post and your kind words about our little fabric line. I appreciate it so much. Please send on your address via our site and we'll sneak you some 8X8 swatches. Your quilts are beautiful and unique.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!