Monday, September 22, 2008

Hope Quilt Challenge







Here's my HOPE quilt. This is a wonderful challenge.
PLEASE
Check out at Tonya's site:
http://lazygalhope.blogspot.com/

Mine was inspired by my husbands brother, Robin, who passed away this past May from cancer... B, in January drew this "robin" (below) and we made it into a soft lovey for him as a gift.

Although we have no one in our family with Alzheimer's, Robin did a lot of Humanitarian work of all sorts to help many people, so with the help of my daughter, we honor him with this "Hope" quilt.



****************************************************************************************

Tonya had asked how I got the letters to pop out... I quilted it in black embroidery floss, otherwise they were sort for getting lost in all the pattern.

Since the letters were pretty small, I didn't have a lot of room. I was trying so hard to keep it to the right size!
9" X 12"

And, It was my first free pieced lettered quilt... I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
I still need to label it, something I always forget to do, put a hang-y thing on it, and then I can ship it off.

Now I want to make one for me! It was such a fun project!


Anyway. It felt really good to do this today. Thanks Tonya for pointing me in this direction.




3 comments:

  1. Hi..I am thrilled with your blog!! Fantastic stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is an anonymous sender..lol. It very fantastic..and I did get the scarf pattern...Wahoo for MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did great and look, you've already got it finished - hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!