Thursday, September 11, 2008

FOOD

******************************************************************************************

Having been a VERY PICKY eater as a child, I thought that having a kid meant cooking boring foods, simpler the better, and don't mix anything.... But when B was a baby, she would grab food off our plates in restaurants, stuff I thought most kids would not eat...

So I completely changed the way I cook. She loves Spicy hot foods... Salsa on everything... Indian, Turkish, Mexican, Sushi etc...So I am constantly looking for new very flavorful food recipes... Got any? Send them my way!

Here is a mixed up recipe I did this summer on the grill, pretty much throwing everything together to make some taste... She loves it! go figure...

V's mixed up SEASONING

2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/4 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground bay leaves

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Store in airtight container.

Great for marinade over chicken smothered in onion and fresh garlic, and Red pepper...

I like to let it sit over night... the more spice the better...

tastes best on the grill, or add some chicken stock and cook covered on the stove slowly...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!